In Case of Emergency
Skylark Children Youth and Families is not a crisis or emergency centre. If you need immediate help, go to your nearest Hospital Emergency Room or dial 911.
24-hour Crisis Centres
Open 24 hours a day (unless otherwise indicated) when you need someone to talk to
Mobile crisis response teams (24hrs/7days)
- Gerstein Centre Crisis Line – 416-929-5200 service borders: south to the lake, north to Eglinton, east to Bayview to Danforth and then to Victoria Park, west to Jane St..
- St. Mike’s Hospital Mobile Crisis Team via Police Department (911) accessible through police (no direct number).
North York/ Etobicoke:
- Provided by St. Elizabeth Health Care – 416-498-0043 Service borders: South to the lake to Jane, to Eglinton, Eglinton east to Victoria Park, north to Steeles, and west to Hwy 427
- St. Joseph’s Hospital Mobile Crisis Team via Police Department (911) accessible through police (no direct number).
- Scarborough Hospital Regional Mobile Crisis Team – 416-495-2891 Service borders: south to the lake, north to Steeles Ave., east to Port Union Rd., and west to Victoria Park
Other Important Resources
For information and support
For Hospitals, Children’s Aid and Family Service Agencies
For information on mental health, drugs, stress, and anything else you can think of
- Canadian Mental Health Association Toronto branch for resources in your area
- Children’s Mental Health Ontario for information on mental health
- EROWID a site to explore individual experiences with substances
- E Mental Health for self-screening questionnaires to see if you have something to worry about. They are free, confidential and have been validated by professionals
- HOPE – Helping Other Parents Everywhere
- Mental Health Help Line or call 1-866-531-2600
- Mind Your Mind for interactive tools on how to cope, keep yourself safe, and deal with stress. There are also lots of stories, blogs and art done by youth for youth
- Parents for Children’s Mental Health
- Parent Support Connection
- Psychology Today Online to find a therapist in your area
- Reach Out.com for great information on mental health, substances and relationships
- Send The Right Message for information on LGBTQ issues, using pronouns, and how to be an ally.
- Youthlink – Parenting and family support service
- Drug Cocktails – Created for youth to help them “get the facts” about the effects and risks of mixing medications they take with substances like cigarettes, alcohol, marijuana and other street drugs
- Drugs and Me – Provides services centered around drug harm reduction, as part of an upcoming network of mental health tools brought to you by the Mental Health Education Foundation.
For more Trans resources, please see Resources for Trans Youth »
For more LGBTQ resources, please see Resources for LGBTQ Youth »